1.What fruit does Jim like
A. Apples. B. Grapes. C. Strawberries.
2. How does the boy usually go to school
A. On foot. B. By bus. C. By bike.
3. How does the girl get good grades in physics
A. By doing more exercises. B. By spending more time on it.
C. By becoming interested in it.
4. Where will Kate probably go
A. Post office. B. School. C. Dining hall.
5. How much is the watch today
A. 60 yuan. B. 120 yuan. C. 240 yuan.
6. What does Tony plan to do with Susan
A. Have dinner. B. Go shopping. C. Go to a movie.
7. When are they going to meet
A. At 6:15 this afternoon. B. At 6:15 tomorrow afternoon. C. At 5:45 tomorrow afternoon.
8. What is the man doing upstairs
A. He is playing computer games. B. He is shopping online.
C. He is looking for his gold ring.
9. How does the woman feel at the end of t h e conversation
A. Angry. B. Relaxed. C. Happy.
10. Where will Li Yuan have her high school
A. Australia. B. Britain. C. Canada.
11. Where will Li Yuan live
A. In the school office. B. In the hotel. C. In a local family.
12. Why does the boy want to get more information
A. Because he wants to learn English. B. Because he wants to study in England.
C. Because he wants to live in a hotel.
13. Where are they talking
A. At home. B. At the train station. C. At the office.
14. Why was Ted late for school
A. Because the school bus didnt come. B. Because he missed the bus.
C. Because he walked to the bus stop.
15. What do you know about Mr. Wang
A. Mr. Wang was angry because Ted was late. B. Mr. Wang was late, too.
C. Mr. Wang didnt go to work today.初三英语第一次月考试卷笔试题
Names of the C lubs Purposes Activities
Cool Players to make your body
16 .____________ do sports and [来源:Zxxk.Com]
watch sports matches
Smart 17. ________ to improve your 18.________ and increase your knowledge read all kinds of books
Excellent Cooks to be a good cook design healthy menus and cook 19. _____________
Talent Painters to improve your drawing 20. __________________
Ⅱ. 知识运用 (两部分，共20小题，计20分)
21. _____ useful advice you gave me about learning English!
A. How B. What C. What a
22. What do you think of your deskmate She is so kind, and always helps me _____.
A. lonely B. impolitely C. patiently
23. Boys and girls, believe in yourselves. _____ you are, the better grades youll get.
A. The more careful B. The more carefully C. The most carefully
24. Jackie Chan and Jet Lee have much _____. And they often play similar roles in the movies.
A. in style B. in shape C. in common
25. My aunt goes to climb mountains every Sunday. Oh But she _____ hate exercising.
A. used to B. was used to C. is used to
26. The doctor warned my father _____.
A. to smoke B. not smoking C. not to smoke
27. Dont throw stones at the animals in the zoo. _____.
A. No, I wont. B. Yes, I will. C. Yes, I do.
28. Our English teacher said _____ English well was very important.
A. learn B. learning C. learned
29. Tom found _____ difficult to learn chemistry well.
A. it B. that C its
30. Chinese students often give small gifts or cards to their teachers on Teachers day to let them know _____.
A. how great they are B. how great are they C. what great they are
So far only humans use the Internet. But now some sharks in the coastal regions of Western Australia began to use it.
These fish are 31 with mobile phones and using their fins(鳍) to type messages. People put electronic devices(电子装置) on over 330 of them. The electronic devices can 32 a message through the Internet, anytime they swim near the Australian beach.
The Internet 33 us about the appearing of the shark; it also tells us where they are. It is hoped that this information will give swimmers 34 time to drive away from them.
35 using the devices to help save swimmers, the 36 are also hoping to get more information about shark behavior and movements.
Though Western Australia is the most 37 in the world for shark attacks(攻击), the numbers are actually quite 38 . In 2014, there were just 14 attacks. However, the fear of the fish is so high that it is 39 to provide people some comfort.
In addition, scientists are also hoping that it will 40 the fish because their numbers are always dropping. They will surely help stop unnecessary killing.
31. A .swimming B. running C. walking
32. A. come into B. send out C. leave for
33. A. says B. tells C. wants
34. A. a few B. a little C. enough
35. A. Beside B. Besides C. Except
36. A. swimmers B. scientists C. children
37. A. popular B. serious C. dangerous[
38. A. short B. big C. small
37. A. interesting B. important C. boring
40. A. kill B. save C. sell
41. All the information about the writer must be included except his/ her _________.
A. school name B. e-mail address C. telephone number
42. What is required for the articles wanted according to the passage
A. They must be fully created by the writers themselves.
B. They must be typed on both sides.
C. They must be provided with photos.
● ● High School
● ● Long Street ● Old Garden
● ● ● ●
New Theater City Library
City Bank ● Red Train
● ● Airport Yellow Train
Post Office Blue Train
43. Sue takes the train at Zoo. Which station is NOT on her way to Old Garden
A. New Theater. B. Long Street. C. City Library.
44. Bill lives near City Library. He wants to go to High School. First, he takes Red Train. At which
station should he change trains to Yellow Train
A. New Theater. B. Post Office. C. Green Park.
45. If a man wants to go from New Theater to Post office, the trains he should take are _______.
A. Red TrainYellow TrainBlue Train
B. Yellow TrainRed Train
C. Red TrainBlue TrainYellow Train
When it comes to fashion, just about anything goes. Citizens in Chengdu, the capital of Sichuan province have been wearing antenna hairpins(天线发夹).
There are around 100 different designs for the antenna hairpins, which have been worn by the young and old, reported Peoples Daily Online. Many of the hairpins are different kinds of plastic flowers. From afar, it looks like a plant that has grown from the top of a persons head. While closer, it looks more like an antenna.
According to reports, the antenna hairpins have appeared all over Chengdu recently. Firstly they were only worn at touristy areas but have since spread to other parts of the city.
Many people are wearing them because they thought the hairpins made them look cute, and its not just for women or children. One man has told reporters: I saw them and thought they were interesting so I bought one. People look cute when wearing it.
His opinions are not shared by everyone however. Another man thought the hair pieces were silly. He said: The re are middle-aged men wearing the hairpins. They just look stupid.
People have also taken to the web to discuss this funny new trend(趋势). One said: I saw someone wearing it on the underground today. It feels like they might be able to transmit(传输) WI-FI signals.
But street vendors(小贩) are glad of the trend. They are sold for 5 yuan by vendors but can be found online for as little as 0.3 yuan. As a vendor can sell over a hundred of the hairpins each day, they stand to make hundreds of yuan.
46. What is the new fashion in Chengdu recently
A. Wearing antennas. B. Planting plastic flowers. C. Wearing funny hairpins.
47. Seen from a distance (远处), the hairpin looks like _____.
A. a plant that grows from a persons head
B. an antenna to transmit WI-FI signals
C. a cute child with a plastic flower
48. Which statement is TRUE according to the passage
A. This new kind of hairpins are only worn by women or children.
B. Not all people think the hairpins look cute.
C. People wear the hairpins for getting WI-FI signals.
49. How much will you pay if you buy 10 hairpins online
A. 50 yuan. B. 30 yuan. C. 3 yuan.
50. Why are the street vendors glad of the new trend
A. Because it is good for the tourism.
B. Because they can make more money by selling them.
C. Because they also want to wear the hairpins.
Americans use many expressions with the word dog. People in the United States love their dogs and treat them well. They take their dogs for walks, let them play outside and give them good food and medical care. However, in other countries dogs without owners caring for them lead a different kind of life. The expression to lead a dogs life describes a person who leads an unhappy life.
Some people say we live in a dog-eat-dog world. This means many people are competing for the same things, such as jobs. They say that to be successful, a person has to work like a dog. This means they have to work very, very hard. Such hard work can make people dog-tired. And the situation would be even worse if they became sick as a dog.
Still, people say every dog has its day. This means that every person enjoys a successful period during his or her life. To be successful, people often have to learn new skills. Yet, some people say that you can never teach an old dog new tricks. They believe that old people do not like to learn ne w things and will not change the way they do things.
Dog expressions are also used to describe the weather. The dog days of summer are the hottest days of a year. A rainstorm may cool the weather. But we do not want it to rain too hard. We do not want it to rain cats and dogs.
51. Dogs in America ________.
A. are well cared for B. have no owners to care for C. live a hard life
52. By saying work like a dog, we mean ________.
A. we sh ould work as door keepers B. we have to work very hard
C. we should work at night
53. If some old people dont like to learn new things, people will say ________.
A. they want to lead a dogs life B. they are sick as a dog
C. you can never teach an old dog new tricks
54. How many expressions about dogs are mentioned in the passage
A. 7 B. 8 ` C. 9
55. Whats the best title of the passage
A. Dog Care B. Dogs Life C. Dog Expressions
Quiet classes, endless exams and long hours at schoolThis might sound like the pressure most Chinese high school students face. But a group of 50 Grade 9 students from Bohunt School in Hampshire, UK, experienced it for a month. Five teachers were sent there to teach in their Chinese style. Things dont go as well as they planned at first. When they gave lessons, students were chatting, eatingAnd the British students found these classes boring. Its very hard to say which education system is better. But I think we should learn from each other, said one Chinese teacher Li Aiyun.
Though the education system is so different between Britain and China. We agree that getting education is the most important part in a persons life. It is true that people with better education have more chances to choose a good job while people with little or no education dont. It seems the aim of education is to make people get jobs. But many people dont agree with that. Some people may think that a person should spend the best years of his life getting education only for making a living. This was probably the earliest reason of education. In fact, if education is just a way of making a living, people dont need to spend so much time in school. For example they dont need to learn subjects like history and geography. It is clear that education is much more than teaching a man to get a way of living.
Education is well-rounded and it is mainly for improving a man. It is not only to teach him to speak, read and write, but also to develop his creative thinking and other abilities. After that, it is to make him a wise man and thankfully enjoy the achievements of human. Educated people will be able to listen to good music, read good books, watch plays and take an interest in the world.
56. Which of the following is NOT true according to paragraph one
A. Five Chinese teachers went to Britain to experience teaching.
B. British education is much better than Chinese education.
C. Some students from Bohunt School were not interested in Chinese teaching style.
57. People with little education usually _____________.
A. spend a long time in school
B. have fewer chances to get a good job
C. have a better life
58. The earliest reason of education was probably to __________.
A. develop a persons creative thinking
B. teach a man to write and read
C. make people get a way of living
59. The underlined word well-rounded in the passage means _______ in Chinese.
A. 圆满的 B. 全面的 C. 公平的
60. The passage mainly tells us that _____________.
A. education should make a man improve
B. all subjects are so important for a way of living
C. people can get education for a living in a short time
第三节 阅读表达 (共5小题，计10分)
The well-known childrens character Big Head Son will have a new sister in the new book Little Biscuit and Apron Mom, which is coming out next month.
Zheng Chunhua, the author of the book Big Head Son and Small Head Dad, has announced the news in Xiamen. The new book series has 10 volumes (册).
The book Big Head was a bestseller among childrens books, and when the book came out in 1995. It was a big hit. Almost every child at the time watched the program and could sing the theme song .
Big Head Son and Small Head Dad was inspired by the authors own family. My son really has a big head, Zheng Chunhua said. When my son was little, I never bought T-shirts or hats for him, as they always didnt fit him.
Zheng has two children, her son is almost 30 years old now, and her little daughter, who is a teenager. My daughter has been jealous(嫉妒)of her brother for many years, as I have written many stories about him, but none about her yet, Zheng said, and this is the reason leading to her creation of the new book.
This book is so popular with the readers and one of them said, The book is not only interesting but also I have learnt a lot from it.
61. When did Big Head Son and Small Head Dad come out
62. Did the book Big Head sell best of all books
63.Why did Zhen Chunhua never buy T-shirts or hats for her son
64. Whom did Zhen Chunhua write the new book for, her son or her daughter
65.What does the reader think of the book初三英语第一次月考试卷作文题
Smiles and tears are part of life. But do you find enough time for laughing Im not asking if you experience lots of good times. Of course, we should laugh during the happy times. But do you also laugh during the difficult times
66. Ema 因她有趣的书而著名。 But she wrote one about a more serious subjectcancer (癌症) in children. The book is titled, I WANT TO GROW UP , I WANT TO GROW HAIR. Ema talks with many children who have cancer and learns important lessons from them. 67. She learns that cancer survivors (幸存者) know how to smile at life, though they are receiving chemotherapy (化疗).
She tells about the experience of 15-year-old Jessica. 68. Her leg was cut off because of cancer. She was learning to wear a prosthesis (假肢). Jessica told about playing soccer. She hit the ball hard with her foot. 68. The ball flew off in one direction while her man-made leg flew another way. 69. 然后这个勇敢的女孩躺在地板上并且开心地大笑。
As the saying goes, Theres a time to cry and a time to laugh. Do you find a time to laugh
Survivors know how to laugh. 70. If you can laugh when youre in trouble, you will make it. Remember, laugh and the whole world laugh with you. Cry and you cry alone!
A: Hi, Jack, you did really well on the last English test. 71
B: I studied for it by asking the teacher f or help.
A: Do you improve your English by making word cards
B: 72 , it helps little. To tell you the truth, watching English movies is also a good way to practice listening.
A: Really 73
B: Almost every week. Last week I watched Mission Impossible. 74
A: No, not yet . But I heard Tom Cruise, the actor, made the movie more exciting and successful.
B: Yes. I do like him in the movie.
A: Some new films are on this week. Would you like to go to a movie with me
B: 75 . If you like cartoons, Minions is an interesting movie to see.
A: Lets go to watch Minions this Friday.
很多人认为当今的中学生有自己鲜明的特点。他们多才多艺，擅长琴棋书画;同时也常常以自我为中心，很少为他人着想。 作为中学生，你擅长或爱好什么不足之处又是什么你应该如何扬长避短，做更好的自己 请你按以上三个要点，用英语以To be a better myself(做更好的自己)为题写一篇演讲稿。
To Be A Better Myself
Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. Im so glad to stand here and give a speechTo be a better myself.